When it comes to insulating your home or office, you want a solution that provides superior performance and lasting benefits. Aerolite Soft Touch is a top-of-the-line insulation material that excels in thermal performance, energy efficiency, acoustic control, fire resistance, and durability. In this article, we will explore the features and advantages of Aerolite Soft Touch, as well as its installation process, applications, maintenance, cost, and value.
The Aerolite® evolution is here, with a new name, look and feel. Aerolite® Soft Touch (previously known as Aerolite® Think Pink) ceiling insulation is now yellow in appearance, more natural and softer to touch.
A chemical pink dye was removed from the product, rendering a more sustainable thermal and acoustic solution for your home. Isover has invested in various process improvements as well as introduced additives that help to create a softer and easier to handle product.
While all these innovative modifications have been made, we have ensured that the class-leading performance has not been compromised.
Aerolite Soft Touch is a premium insulation product that consists of glasswool insulation material. It is specifically designed to provide exceptional thermal insulation, ensuring a comfortable living or working environment throughout the year. Aerolite Soft Touch is known for its superior quality and performance.
Benefits of Aerolite Soft Touch
- Superior Thermal Insulation: Aerolite insulation has excellent thermal resistance properties, preventing heat transfer and maintaining a consistent indoor temperature. This results in reduced energy consumption and lower heating or cooling costs.
- Energy Efficiency: By minimizing heat transfer, Aerolite helps improve the energy efficiency of buildings. It reduces the need for artificial heating or cooling, thereby lowering the carbon footprint and promoting sustainability.
- Acoustic Performance: In addition to thermal insulation, Aerolite effectively reduces noise transmission. It absorbs sound waves, providing a quieter and more peaceful environment. This makes it ideal for spaces where noise control is crucial, such as offices, theaters, or recording studios.
- Fire Resistance: Aerolite is non-combustible and can withstand high temperatures. It acts as a barrier against fire, providing valuable time for occupants to evacuate and for emergency responders to contain the situation.
- Durability: Designed to last, Aerolite insulation is resistant to moisture, mold, and pests. It maintains its integrity over time, ensuring long-term performance without compromising its thermal or acoustic properties.
- Environmentally Friendly: Aerolite is made from recycled glass and is itself fully recyclable. By choosing this insulation material, you contribute to reducing landfill waste and promoting a sustainable future.
How to Install Aerolite Soft Touch
Before installing Aerolite insulation, it is important to follow proper safety precautions. Wear protective clothing, gloves, and a mask to avoid contact with the insulation fibers. Ensure good ventilation in the installation area.
To install, you will need the following tools and materials:
- Measuring tape
- Utility knife
- Safety glasses
- Dust mask
- Protective gloves
- Step ladder
- Insulation supports (for overhead installations)
- Insulation hangers (for securing insulation to walls or ceilings)
- Insulation batts or rolls
Now, let’s go through the step-by-step installation guide:
- Measure the area where you want to install the insulation, taking into account any obstacles or irregularities.
- Cut the insulation batts or rolls to the appropriate size using a utility knife.
- Start from the bottom and work your way up, ensuring a snug fit between the insulation and the wall or ceiling.
- Secure the insulation using insulation supports or hangers, making sure it is firmly in place.
- Repeat the process for the entire area, ensuring full coverage and avoiding gaps or compression.
Request a quote?