The UEFA European Football Championship is well underway, and a lot of other sporting events return to the greatest stadiums around the world. Many of these sports facilities have been constructed and refurbished with Sika technologies. A wide range of expert solutions for integrated, fully compatible systems, from basement to roof and interior to exterior.
One example is the Krestovsky Stadium in Saint Petersburg, Russia. It was chosen to host several matches for the ongoing UEFA European Football Championship and holds up to 68,000 spectators. It is one of the world’s most modern and versatile arenas and Sika is proud to have delivered know-how and a broad range of products for the building.
There are over 5000 stadiums around the world, with most residing in USA, Brazil and China. Many of them are in need of repair, and many new ones are being planned to be built.
Sika has an extensive history with new stadium and arena construction, as well as refurbishment and renovation of existing and often iconic sports and entertainment facilities. Sika’s solutions are trusted to build, protect, finish and repair the most recognized stadium and sports centre projects around the world.
Concrete admixtures provide enhanced workability and durability for stadium and arena structural elements, including cast-in-place concrete foundations, stadium bowl structure and precast concrete elements.
Below Ground Waterproofing
For watertight stadiums, sports centres and arenas, Sika has the most comprehensive waterproofing technology in the market, enabling a complete system approach from one supplier, tailored for specific project requirements.
- Sustainable, single-ply vinyl roof membranes and systems with heat-welded seams impervious to water and moisture penetration
- Energy-saving reflective cool roofs, vegetated green roofs, solar-ready roofing and roof systems that simulate the appearance of standing seam metal roofs
- Systems offer application flexibility as well as decorative options
- Complete single and dual component elastomeric waterproofing traffic systems and high-performance aliphatic topcoats
- Extended performance and reflective surfaces help to control capital expenses, HVAC operating costs and roof maintenance expenses
For watertight joints, connections and building envelopes, Sika offers a full range of silicone, polyurethane and hybrid sealants and systems.
Steel Corrosion and Fire Protection
Sika offers a wide range of surfaced-applied steel corrosion and fire protection products as well as complete firestop systems to ensure all joints and openings are protected against fire.
Sika provides a wide portfolio of floor systems available in a dynamic range of colours and textures for design flexibility.
- Terrazzo, quartz and flake options with varying thicknesses and surface textures
- Various levels of slip resistance
- Ease of maintenance, long-term durability and performance
- Colour-fast, UV-stable resin floor technologies ensure lasting aesthetics
Concrete Repair, Concrete Protection & Structural Strengthening
Sika offers a complete range of concrete repair and protection products that extend the life of existing stadium, sports centre and arena structures.
- Repair mortars and pre-packaged concrete mixes
- Structural epoxy for all construction needs
- Epoxy and cement grout for all installation needs
- Coatings and sealers for concrete protection
- Structural strengthening systems including CFRP plates, FRP fabrics and FRCM
When it comes to stadium or arena roofs in need of repair or replacement, Sika has the experience, products and systems to fix it well.
- Roof repair solutions, including liquid-applied membranes, single-ply membranes, bituminous membranes and metal roof repair