1. What are the benefits of using finishes and coatings?
- How durable is it and does it offer chemical and abrasion resistance.
- Easily overcoated at any time for maintenance.
- Tough, protective and decorative.
- Economical, good coverage.
- Easy to keep clean and hygienic.
- Protection of concrete floor against contamination w.r.t. spills
- Dust-free environment and easily maintained
- Easy demarcation of different areas by using different colours
2. How can finishes and coatings be used successfully?
- Establish which finish or coating is relevant for light, medium or heavy-duty and traffic.
- Does the application need to be fast-track or self-smoothing?
3. What finishes and coatings are ideal to use for most flooring applications?
- Epoxy or polyurethane coatings and epoxy, polyurethane and cementitious screeds.
4. Why is it critical for finishes and coatings on floors?
- For not only decorative aesthetically pleasing reasons but the protection of their floors for long-term benefits.
5. What is important to remember regarding the finishes and coatings of floors?
- Do not do it yourself, use an approved applicator with the necessary experience and tools.
- Preparation is key.
- Choose the correct product for the application.
- The cheapest is not always the best solution.
- Also, consider UV and external factors if required when choosing the product.
- Always consult the manufacturer if in doubt.
6. Have any of your finishing and coating products been successfully used in a project?
Yes, for example
– Coatings: abecote 337 tough epoxy paint, abecote 400 hi-build epoxy, abecote 441 polyurethane.
– Screeds: abeflo epoxy screed, abeflo HPU polyurethane screed, abescreed SLCP and abescreed duraTop cementitious screeds.
To get a quote, please fill in the form below:
Request a quote?
You may also like: