Swartland’s innovative Ready-2-Fit range of wooden windows and doors come pre-glazed and pre-sealed directly from the factory – saving you time and money.
Top quality timber architectural accents, such as beautifully crafted wooden windows and doors, can add an organically attractive and timeless aesthetic to any building they grace. Over and above the beauty of these features, wood is also a wonderfully environmentally friendly choice of building material – it is renewable, an excellent insulator, and, if properly maintained, it is exceptionally durable and long lasting.
Problems of the past
In the past, wooden windows and doors came with their own set of problems. Installation methods were often not able to guarantee perfect results due to inconsistent levels of workmanship. Also, any raw timber products left outdoors on-site were at the mercy of the elements until they were installed, glazed and sealed. Any exposure to rain or damp conditions could lead to serious long-term damage of the timber. Installation was also a very timeous procedure, as traditionally you needed to first install the product, and only then could you treat and seal the wood, and finally install the glazing. Lastly, to properly maintain timber windows and doors, you needed to sand them down and reseal them on a regular basis, which is an arduous and laborious job.
The solution: Swartland’s Ready-2-Fit range
With the launch of Swartland’s Ready-2-Fit range, however, all the aforementioned problems are a thing of the past. Cobus Lourens, National Sales Manager for Swartland, explains: “The Ready-2-Fit range of wooden windows and doors are professionally sealed and glazed before they leave the Swartland factory, so that when they arrive on the building site, they are ready to be installed with no further labour required to seal or glaze them.
“This not only saves the builder and homeowner time and money on installation costs, but it also ensures that the windows and doors are adequately protected against exposure to the elements. It also vastly increases the overall build quality – ensuring that the windows and doors are finished to Swartland’s exacting standards and therefore, ensuring that any warrantees are upheld,” he explains.
Benefits of the Ready-2-Fit range:
- The benefits of being pre-sealed: All Swartland’s Ready-2-Fit windows and doors are pre-sealed with high quality water-based sealant before they leave the factory to ensure unbeatable protection against the elements. The chosen water-based sealant boasts a number of benefits, including the fact that it is an environmentally-friendly sealant, with low VOC emissions, it is UV- and water-resistant, non-flammable, lead-free, and it contains anti-fungal properties to protect the timber from fungus, such as dry rot for example. It will also offer years of protection from the damaging effects of extreme temperatures, humidity, cold, rain and sunlight. To cater for darker colours, such as Teak and Imbuia for example, the water-based sealant contains heat-reflective pigments that lower the surface temperature of the wood to reduce natural movement.
- No more sanding required: What really makes water-based sealant a real winner is the fact that it makes wooden windows and doors very easy to maintain in the long-term. Gone are the days when you had to laboriously sand wooden windows and doors before re-sealing them – now you can simply wash and wipe them down to restore them to their original beauty.
- All glazing is taken care of: All windows and doors in the Ready-2-Fit range come pre-glazed with standard 4mm glass or 6,38mm safety glass, in accordance with the National Building Regulations. A variety of other types of glazing, such as double-glazing and Low-E glass for example, is also available on request.
- Compliance with the National Building Regulations and Consumer Protection Act: Swartland continuously tests its products to ensure that they are compliant with the National Building Regulations. In order to ensure that its windows are compliant with the SANS 613 and 204 (Fenestration Products) Mechanical Performance Criteria, the Ready-2-Fit range of windows are tested for deflection, structural strength, water-resistance, air-tightness, operating forces, and the best possible energy efficiency. As a result, all Swartland’s Ready-2-Fit windows have unique mechanical property values, from A1 to A4, assigned to them.
Cobus concludes: “The Ready-2-Fit range of wooden windows and doors from Swartland is a testament to the company’s dedication to providing innovative solutions to the construction and design industries, as well as entrenching its position as an industry leader in providing quality, eco-friendly solutions. With all the benefits inherent in the new Ready-2-Fit range – it really should be the only choice for superlative buildings and homes alike.”
Call Swartland’s customer service department on 086 10 2425 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Swartland’s Ready-2-Fit range at a glance:
- No more sanding – easy wash ‘n wipe maintenance.
- Excellent durability ensured with high-end water-based sealant.
- Improves build quality at no extra cost.
- Validates the Swartland guarantee.
- It is an eco-friendly and energy-efficient solution.
- Constant testing ensures compliance with the National Building Regulation and Consumer Protection Act.
- Offers good thermal and sound insulation, depending on the glass chosen.