Sika has extended their offering in the Anchoring range. This new two-part, general-purpose, anchoring adhesive is based on styrenated polyester and is intended for mechanical, electrical and plumbing works, as well as metal or structural work. Sika AnchorFix®-S covers the requirements for standard applications of low to medium loads.
Chemical anchoring is much more effective than mechanical anchors
Advantages of Sika AnchorFix®-S:
- Chemical anchoring is much more effective than mechanical anchors:
- No expansion – no cracking of substrates
- Outstanding load bearing capacity
- Corrosion prevention
- Easy application: With an open time of three to four minutes, the applicator ensures a flexible working time. Due to the styrene in this product, a long application time is provided while fast curing speed is maintained – useful especially in high temperatures and tropical climates.
- Non-sagging: Sika AnchorFix®-S displays non-sagging behaviour for both horizontal and vertical applications. Thanks to the easy-to-handle and highly efficient packaging and mixing mechanism, unnecessary waste of product is avoided.
- Versatile: Sika AnchorFix®-S can be utilised for fixing of sanitary equipment and the installation of kitchen fittings, aerials and satellites. Among the common applications in metalwork are general supports, window and doorframes, window protection cages, blinds, sunshades and handrails. Used extensively for rebars/reinforcing steel, threaded rods, bolts and special fastening systems.
- Sika AnchorFix®-S is suitable for use in concrete, hollow and solid blockworks and bricks as well as in hard natural stone and solid rock. Both outdoor and indoor applications are possible. It can be used for fixing both structural elements (such as balcony extensions) and non-structural elements (e.g. stair and balcony railings or sun blinds).
- Sika AnchorFix®-S is the ideal solution for applications using hollow blocks. Where mechanical anchors are ineffective as they loosen, the Sika AnchorFix®-S system is combined with a perforated sleeve to ensure it stays fixed.