DPI Plastics (Pty) Ltd is a leading manufacturer of PVC water reticulation and drainage pipe and fitting systems with two South African factories based in Johannesburg and Cape Town. In addition, within the DPI Group are wholly owned subsidiary plants in Namibia and Botswana and joint venture (JV) manufacturing operations in Mauritius and Tanzania. All six factories in the group of companies are ISO 9001:2000 accredited and products are manufactured to the relevant SABS or ISO specifications.
PVC pressure pipe systems, including Duroflo and Ultraflo, offer many advantages when ompared to traditional products, namely:
- Enhanced hydraulic performance.
- Durability and toughness — resistance to handling and installation damage.
- Corrosion resistance — greater service life.
- Lower mass — ease of handling and installation, particularly suited to labour intensive projects.
- Locked-in moulding sealing ring system — no specialist installation skills required.
- Savings on installation time.
- Manufactured within internationally accepted standards.
- Savings on transport costs.
- Service performance in excess of 50 years.
- Unique combination of properties
- High tensile and hoop strength
- Excellent resistance to creep
- Predictable long-term behaviour.
Duroflo™, unplasticised PVC (PVC-U) pressure pipe is a tried and tested system demonstrating a long track record in the water reticulation sector. Duroflo pressure pipes are manufactured to the SANS 966 Part 1: 2004 specification, incorporating the traditional design stresses of 10 and 12.5 MPa. The product is ideally suited to applications in both pumping and gravity designs.
Ultraflo™ PVC-M, is a tough and resilient, modified PVC pressure pipe, developed to offer greater strength and toughness. Ultraflo pressure pipes are manufactured in accordance with the SANS 966 Part 2: 2004 specification, incorporating a design stress of 18MPa.