Twenty five years ago the Mutual Safe Company started manufacturing and marketing customised, SABS qualified security doors. Today Mutual Safe and Security Group has established itself as a market leader in the supply of all forms of security doors.
Through the various levels of security doors — Anti Bandit Doors, Fire Doors, Record Room Doors, Strong Room Doors and Vault Doors — Mutual doors are SABS approved and hold ISO 9001/2000 accreditation. Mutual doors are also approved by the Underwriter Laboratory of USA (UL), amongst other international qualifications, as well as being listed in the European Safe Ratings Publication.
Mutual developed and engineered the strongest barrier materials combining the highest strength and lowest weight, and these are now used in all Mutual doors. Leaders in design, Mutual doors compete with many of the world’s leading high physical security-manufactured doors. This has resulted in the securing of leading contracts and tenders such as The Bank of Mauritius, Bank of Angola, Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, Central Bank of Kuwait, Namibia Reserve Bank, Bank of Lesotho, Bank of Swaziland, Bank of Botswana and the South African Banks. Numerous other banking contracts have been completed in the USA, Dubai, Taiwan and Sri Lanka.
All Mutual doors offer excellent protection against fire and skilled methods of attack. The sturdy construction and customised locking mechanisms to suit the level of protection required, make these doors suitable for applications as diverse as schools, post offices, industrial buildings and homes. The higher security level strong room and vault doors consisting of Cat2, Cat2 ADM, Cat3, 4 & 5 are designed with exceptional security requirements in mind.
The Mutual Hardened Door Factory specializes in the production of a range of high specification, quality Anti-Bandit doors and bullet resisting windows. The doors and windows are purpose made in a range of finishes such as wood veneer finishes, steel frames and continuous hinges with the option of BRG view panels. Locking options are cylinder deadlocks, electric strikes and magnetic for access control. BRG windows are available in natural anodised aluminium and mild steel construction with glass options ranging from 28mm to 53mm.
The Mutual Austen Security Group comprises:
- The full range of Mutual and Austen products.
- The renowned Bischoff range of high security doors.
- These are used in the SA Reserve Bank headquarters in Pretoria, as well as the SA Bank Note and SARB Note Department. In addition, Bischoff produced and installed ‘one of a kind’ security doors for the Uranium Enrichment Corporation (UCOR) which had highly developed anti radiation characteristics plus many other doors for UCOR, PELINDABA, VALINDABA, ARMSCOR and PMP
- Giant, another well known brand name in the group, supplied all the security doors in the Johannesburg Jewelry Centre in Joubert Park.
- The group has been in business for many years. Austen since 1934, Bischoff since 1946 and Giant since 1957. Mutual, which now controls the group, is a fledgling company starting business in 1984. Added together that’s 235 years of security door experience.