Business Connexion Group is a South African-based information and communications technology company. The ICT group has a wide footprint with operations in Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
BCX launched their newly build headquarters based in Centurion in April 2017. With this state of the art building being built, access management was required to make provision for high volume, highly durable as well as a stylish design access control system to go together with the elegant design of the building. Provision needed to be made for normal access control with a lane width of 600mm as well as provision for disabled personnel with a lane width of 900mm.
Boomgate Systems accepted the task to design and manufacture our now called Pro Wing Speedstile™ as well as assembly and installation thereof. The design needed to be able to manage human traffic from both directions as well as prevent tailgating to this relative secure building. A total of fourteen (14) bi-directional cabinets were required to manage two office blocks of five storeys – linked on the ground floor with communal meeting rooms and an auditorium.
The Pro Wing Speedstile™ offered more than just your traditional access control with the following specifications as standard to the units:
- Highly efficient 12V Magnetic Motor with a 180° opening angle
- Fast and seamless operations come standard
- Built-in braking systems allow locking of doors to improve access control
- Highly visible bi-directional scrolling and indicating LED lights to assist customers with ease
- AutoCorrect functionality for the odd human interference
- Tailgating software that prevents multiple people to enter at once. This function can be set to client specific requirements
- Highly efficient Infra-red detection beams for both detection and direction indication
- Access control readers mounted inside the cabinet for a cleaner feel. This can be integrated with most access control reader
- Cabinets were build using brushed stainless steel 304 and 8mm durable Perspex gate panels SABS manufactured with CNC technology
In addition to the design, manufacture and installation of the Pro Wing Speedstile™, Boomgate Systems was assigned to supply and install an access control solution to manage three (3) gates around the premises:
- Ten (10) of our market leader Genius™ Access barriers 220V
- Ten (10) M/S powder coated Goosenecks to control access
- Two (2) Full-Height Double 4-arm Tornado™ Turnstiles
For more information on the Pro Wing Speedstile™ as well as any of our wide variety of products, kindly contact us on:
Tell: +27 11 674 4441
Fax: +27 11 674 4450