The gates are inaugurated for VIP lounges in Canada. Airports have been struggling with finding the right solutions for their passengers, and how to make them feel secure and comfortable at a minimal cost. With eGate integration, entries can now be fast-tracked while providing an overall hygienic and secure lounge access experience during the customer’s travel journey.
eGates are automated self-service barriers which use the data found on a traveller’s boarding pass to verify permission to enter the airport lounge. They began making their appearance in airports during the mid-2000s for check-in but have only recently been adopted at the entrance of airport lounges.
The lounge management system can now read boarding passes at gate level – thereby recognizing the traveller and any affiliated loyalty-checks. Upon a boarding pass scan, the eGates will open and permit passage if travellers have the correct credentials for entering the lounge. In the case that they do not have the correct credentials, the gate won’t open and a message will appear to “please see an agent for help”. Moreover, there is also a desktop solution available that provides the same features for an agent to process. This can be paired with a pop-up mechanism for agents to receive information on gate and kiosk entries as they occur.
VIP lounges and travellers using eGates will benefit from the following:
- Safe access for travellers of all ages
- Touchless self-service verification – assisting with infection control and limiting traveller and staff exposure
- Reduction of key touchpoints and hand to hand and hand to surface contact
- Quick and efficient identification of travellers and their guests
- Easily configurable from a remote location
- Dramatically reduce passenger entry errors and fraudulent entries
- Reduced waiting times for travellers, extra time enjoying the lounge facilities
- Flexibility in terms of hardware design and process management
- Free up the time of lounge staff to concentrate on providing a superior service rather than managing the checking of boarding passes
- Increased overall customer satisfaction
- Sleek design with a minimal footprint
With the minimal upfront capital investment, Gunnebo eGate hardware now operates with IEG software for a complete all-in-one solution. Their joint application allows airlines to introduce eGates with confidence, knowing the right lounge admission rules are applied. Lounge data is accessible through the online portal, giving staff administrative access to overview the insights of what is happening in the lounge at all times.
We are proud to have partnered with IEG and various airlines for the lounge solutions and look forward to supporting and growing this initiative in a very challenged travel world – Michael Schulz, Product Area Manager for Gunnebo Canada.
IEG and Gunnebo will be working closely this year and the next to provide a fully seamless gate entry process and improve synergies which could benefit all involved. The airline and airport industries are leaning towards being more contactless, whilst maintaining the same high standards and as such, Gunnebo is proud to work with its partners to achieve these mutual goals.