The ThermocousTex Fibre Blanket (TCFB) is a thermally bonded, people friendly, polyester insulation and acoustic blanket manufactured from recycled PET bottles (plastic cooldrink bottles).
TCFB is both environmentally and people friendly, with zero VOC’s, ODP of 0%, is non-itch, non-allergenic and therefore safe and easy to install without protective clothing. TCFB complies with SANS 10400-XA Building Legislation, SANS 204 Energy Efficiency in Buildings and SANS 428 Fire Standards.
TCFB is suitable for installation within standard ceiling voids, over or between purlins on straining wires, dry walling or cladding applications. It is available in 25 and 50mm thick densities, with bespoke densities or foil laminates available on request.
ThermocousTex complies with SANS 428 Fire Standards and does not contribute to flame spread.
Recent projects include Silverstar Casino, Sasani Film Studio, Nelspruit High Court, Silo’s V&A Waterfront, Portia Primary School and many more.
- Excellent thermal and acoustic insulation.
- Excellent prevention of roof drumming noise created by rain, hail, wind, traffic noise etc.
- Excellent acoustic (sound) absorption within a room thus creating an audibly intelligent living and working environment for home, office, auditoriums, studios, airports, and industrial applications.
- Easy & perfectly safe to install.
- Cost effective for both acoustic and thermal insulation in one.
- Reduces electrical consumption and costs.
•K-Value = 0.038W/m²°C (Thermal Conductivity)
•R –Value = 1.32m² K/W (50mm TCFB)
•NRC Value = 0.73