It’s been 20 years since PG Bison first launched its interior design competition for students. Jason Wells, brand manager at PG Bison, says, “We see this competition as integral to our business and stand behind its ongoing development. Over the past 20 years the competition has adapted and seen its share of change, but the essential elements remain: a focus on design and creativity and the nurturing of young design talent.
“The competition is also one of the ways in which we stay in touch and in tune with the requirements of our customers and we will continue to strengthen this link as the competition moves forward.”
For the 2012 1.618 Student Design Competition PG Bison is once again partnering with the Foschini Group and Foschini’s ‘Instinct’ brand – which is about femininity, the outdoors, positive energy, and embracing life – provided the conceptual background for the brief.
The closing date for entries is 17 August 2012.
The judging panel for this year’s competition includes:
- Adrian Whines, founder of design and branding agency Brand DNA;
- Callie van der Merwe of Design Partnership;
- Pat Henry, partner at MDS Architecture and founder of Design Base at MDS;
- Phil Mashabane, president of SACAP (South African Council for the Architectural Profession) and founding partner of Mashabane Rose Architects;
- Roy Naesar, head creative for in-store development at Foschini.
Finalists will be announced on 7 September and the award winners will then be selected.
The winning student and his/her lecturer win the opportunity to travel to Milan and visit the Milan Furniture Fair in 2013. First prize also includes vouchers from the Foschini Group and a replica of the PG Bison 1.618 trophy designed by Brian Steinhobel.
The second placed student wins a trip to the 2013 Design Indaba in Cape Town as well as vouchers from the Foschini Group. And the third placed student receives a cash prize plus vouchers from the Foschini Group.