The recently opened Concreate show house in Johannesburg offers industry professionals and homeowners the opportunity to see and experience the various advantages of concrete and cement in architectural and interior design applications.
Conceived as a one-stop design environment, the show house brings together a number of different concrete-related products and services.
Director Peter Norton, says, “Concreate is an interactive hub. It presents examples of unique design applications and decorative finishes to inspire architects and interior designers as well as builders, contractors and their clients.
He says, “Concrete is an extraordinary material which is practical, expressive and has its own aesthetic attributes. Concreate has been established to dispel the myth, still accepted by many people, that concrete is cold, grey and ugly. We are showcasing to visitors the warmth and colour that concrete can bring to a home. Concrete can be transformed into virtually any shape and the possibilities for creative expression are almost endless. Concrete can be ground, polished, stamped and stained.”
Through its brand association, training and showroom (BATS) partnership, Concreate stocks a number of products that are complementary to concrete design and manufacturing. These include products from:
- Weber, a division of the global construction materials company, Saint-Gobain, which offers an extensive range of cementitious wall coverings, self-levelling screed systems and grano floor systems;
- Speedheat, the local floor heating company showcasing the latest technology and trends in concrete floor and wall heating solutions;
- Cobra, showcasing taps and fittings that complement the range of concrete basins and countertops at the show house;
- GHI, Grace Haven Industries, a local supplier of frameless glass fittings that are designed to enhance concrete walls and facades;
- Buddy Rhodes, an American-based company that has developed a bone-white malleable concrete mixture and mould system that can be used to transform concrete into almost any shape;
- American Decorative Concrete Supply, another American-based company that produces the internationally recognised Colour Juice range of concrete stains and dyes which can be used to bring vivid colour to concrete;
- Superb Flooring Systems, a PMSA company that distributes the Swedish-made range of HTC floor grinding and polishing products locally.